Sunday 30 March 2008

To do list for this week.

I have permission to lay around reading all week. How cool is that!!

Before I leave for my Uni Res School on Sunday I have to:

1. Finish 'Pride and Prejudice' (about 40 pages to go, should finish that tonight??) I also watched the BBC mini series over Easter, and loved it.

2. Start and finish 'Great Expectations' (all 500 pages of it, gulp)

3. Finish 'Othello' (about 3/4 to go!!)

4. Read 'The Crucible' (actually I have borrowed the DVD off our minister, so will "read" along while I watch the movie)

Not even thinking about all the poems, and 'To the Lighthouse'; they can wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,

Sounds like a good weekend and a great plan for the week (although, it's tough going some of that reading! Good luck getting through it all!)... Also, you can get away with not reading to The Lighthouse if you are happier with the other ones (format of exam allows it)... I found it really difficult to understand - even after watching the movie at Res (people fell asleep in the screening!)... The Crucible is my favourite play ever, I studied it in Grade 12, and saw a performance. The movie is okay too, and is helpful when read in conjunction with the text!

... Oh, and I'll be at Res when you are too - albeit for the Combined Arts/Maths one... Might see you wandering around up there - although combining two means no big breaks like there were in the English res's!

Are you going up to Res alone, or is everyone coming (my "three" boys tag along with me - great time for some kids/Daddy time!)?

Have a great week!
Jen :)

Jo said...

Hopefully I will see you up there somewhere. I think I still have your mobile no. somewhere???

I am flying up alone, and looking forward to some quiet time. I am hoping to get most of my English assignment done in the breaks and at night. Hope Brett and the boys enjoy themselves in Armidale.

I watched the Crucible last night and it was pretty good. Now I really should read the book. LOL!
See you soon.