Monday 5 May 2008

Perfect Pesto

This recipe is from my friend Kim who is a wonderful cook. It works every time, and you can vary the ingredients a bit.

I have started using macadamia nuts instead of pine nuts because of cost, and food miles etc...

I also used pecorino this time instead of parmesan. You could also use walnuts and rocket, or anything you like really.

Recipe:

1 cup basil firmly packed

30g pine nuts

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

pinch salt

60g grated parmesan

The best part is the eating, usually on crusty Italian bread, or stirred through pasta.

2 comments:

Nana Jan said...

I must have a go at making this delicious pesto. Do you use raw macadamias? If so, I'll get some - Aldi have them on special this week.

Love, Nana Jan.

Mooska said...

Yum, I am going to make me some of this... I love basil and pine nuts. I can taste the flavour already ~ great for a snack.