Thursday 8 May 2008

Wow, 100 posts already!!

I started this blog last year as a place to share my crafty spoils with friends and family. It seems to have evolved into something else, I am not really sure what. Maybe this blog has a bit of an identity crisis going?

A little bit crafty, a little bit foody, and a lot of just my daily life as a mum/student/wife/friend/member of society....... So maybe it is just, me.

Very soon this will become a 'homeschool blog' too, of sorts. Yes, we are going ahead with the crazy idea and pulling the kids out of school at the end of this term.

We are totally at peace with this, and are really looking forward to our new lifestyle.

The kids are so excited and can often be heard saying, "When we homeschool, can we learn about XYZ...?"

I have been reading lots of books, blogs, and chatting to other homeschoolers, and am preparing my 'program' for our official Board of Studies visit.

I was thinking a giveaway would be approprite for my 100th post, but I am in the middle of massive Uni assignments, so might have to leave this til' a bit later.

Thanks to everyone who reads and comments, it is lovely.

Oh, and I would like to introduce a brand new blog of a friend of mine in NZ, Jen. She is one of the most talented crafters I know. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Mooska said...

Hello Jo, thought i would pay a return visit to your blog and say hi!
I see you are about to join the realm of homeschoolers ~ for me the hardest part was formally removing dd from school. Once i had done that i felt free and able to focus on the future.

Where do you live? I see you mention a "board of studies visit" and preparing a program. Here in Victoria , Australia we do not have such requirments.

I noticed you mention a having a give-away for your 100th post. I have another blog www.debellisnicel.com on this blog there is a make a difference category. In this is a "pay it forward gifting idea". Perhaps you would like to post a comment (and i then send you a gift), then add the idea to your blog for other people to comment on and continue the "forward gifting" also gives you 12 months to forward the special surprises!
Great meeting you through Rockpool!

Jenny said...

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your lovely comments about me! Good luck with the home schooling, I hope you know I cam a teacher and would love to help if you ever need it. I have loads of resources or even if you need a chat.

Pip said...

Congrats on 100 posts Jo!
Hope you can keep blogging while homeschooling. You are a brave woman! Rachel would die if I took her out of school - she LOVES it so much that she wants to go on the weekend as well : )

Anonymous said...

Jo... what a change that will be... and I am SOOOOO jealous. If I could convince B that it was a good idea (which will happen when Hell freezes over) I'd do it in a minute! I'll be interested to hear your homeschooling stories... will be living vicariously through you! Jen :)

PS. Happy Mother's Day!

Rachael said...

Congrats on 100 posts - thank you for sharing your lives with us. And all the best with home schooling. Although we are not going to do it, I am very interested in it and have some good friends that home school their children. Keep us up to speed on how its going!

Jo said...

Deb, that pay it forward idea sounds good. I am in Sydney.
Thanks everyone for your positive comments about HSing, it means alot. xx