Tuesday 20 May 2008

Steamboat.

My mum gave me her old steamboat ages ago, and it has been gathering dust (decoratively) ever since.

My friend Lily who is Chinese was asking me about it last week when she saw it gathering dust on my shelf, and I had to admit that I have never used it.

She gave me a few instructions, and I began to warm to the idea.

Fast forward to this morning when I checked out a blog my sister recommended to me and BAM, the universe is pointing me in the Steamboat direction again.

I will HAVE to give it a go now. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

lisa said...

So glad you looked at the blog. She has some great idea's. Can't wait to see your steamboat. I have very fond memories of mum's! YUM!

Nana Jan said...

Glad to hear the steamboat is going to be put to good use! (Don't burn a hole in your table!!)

Lots of love, Nana Jan.

purple goddess said...

Nana Jan is right.

Gett a whacking great lump of wood, or you'll end up with scorch marks on your table.

Thanks for the link, love and let us know how it goes!!

Rachael said...

Very excited to hear how the steamnboat'ing goes. May have to get one (I a love kitchen gadgets/utensils).

Minni Mum said...

Oooh, have fun! I haven't gotten mine out of the cupboard since I had kids (!) so it must be time to get it out of retirement again now that the weather is cooling. Mmmmmmm, yum :-)

purple goddess said...

so... did you use it yet??

Rachael said...

How are you doing? Is all OK? Too busy with that steamboat?