Monday 25 February 2008

Busy week.

This week has been extremely busy. On Wednesday night a group of us went to see Hugh Mackay speak about Australian Society, and his new book. It was so interesting to hear him talk, and I really warmed to his optimism. My mum (who is also a sociologist) loves him so I got him to sign a copy for her.

Saturday Night we went to Jazz in the Park and listened to the Peter McDonald Quintet. Such a lovely way to spend an evening, connecting picnic rugs with friends, eating and drinking and listening to great jazz. (sorry about the fuzzy photo)
On the craft front, only a little bit happening. I finally finished these two tops for Sarah and she left one at a party on Sunday, hopefully it will return.

1 comment:

Nana Jan said...

Many thanks for getting me a signed copy of Hugh Mackay's new book for my birthday. Looking forward to reading it.

Your Jazz in the Park night out sounded great. Unfortunately we don't get many things like that up here.

I loved the appliqued tops you made for Sarah - bet she looks lovely in them.

Love, Nana Jan.