Tuesday 26 February 2008

Sigh of relief...........

After a heart to heart with Dave last night I have decided to drop back to part-time at Uni. The semester has only just begun and already I am feeling very stressed. One of my subjects, Coasts and Catchments, seems to require a 3 unit HSC geography background which I don't have, even though I did the 2 prerequisites last year. So I have flicked that, maybe next year if I can read through alot of stuff over summer. I am also going to drop Development and Change in Asia and maybe do it next year.

I am left with English, and Creative Arts in the Classroom which will be hard enough on their own, lots of reading!!! I feel so free...............

I still need time for Bible Study prep, Scripture, looking after my family, and of course Friday Craft.

4 comments:

Nana Jan said...

So glad you have decided to drop 2 subjects for this semester. English and Creative Arts in the Classroom sound like a great combination to be tackling. Will you still have to go to Uni in April? If not, we'll be able to have more time together for craft etc. while I'm there.

Love, Nana Jan.

Jo said...

Unfortunately I will still have to go to res school in Armidale, it is for English, but I won't have to go to Coffs for a beach res school later.
Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo...

Well, I understand it. I can imagine how much must've been involved in that Coastal Catchments one... which is why I didn't choose it last year! haha! See... there is merit in picking the "fluff" Geog subjects like "cyberspace"... And TBH I remember ENGL 101. I found it very heavy going with so much reading etc. I only got a pass in that (one of two so far) and I felt like I gave it my all! If anything was likely to contribute to me giving up Uni altogether it was that one... so I think it's good that you will have much more time to concentrate on it.

Sounds like you're having a bit of a stresed out time... I bet that is a HUUUUGE sigh of relief!

Oh, thought you'd be interested... that Music Co-ordinator that we talked about at your place last year (TH?) was quite nice to me when I vented my frustrations last week (on the chat room and via email) over issues with the online unit... but has just (today) given some people an absolute lashing for whingeing (and I thought they were nice about it!) about him changing the weekly topic at the last minute... he actually said "Lets stop the crap about the change of topic."... Oh. So professional. I have so much respect for the man now... NOT! :p

Thought you'd enjoy that one!

Have a nice relaxing sleep tonight!

Jen :)

Jo said...

You are a brave girl Jen, he is SCARY!!!!!!! and sounds a bit Jekyll and Hyde too. I really wanted to do a Negotiated Arts Project, but the thought of him as my supervisor put me right off!!
I wrote a long message on your blog today, then lost it, didn't have the energy to re-do it. Will try again tomorrow.
Man that coast subject was hard, and there were 2 huge assignments and a 40% exam, YIKES!!
I am so happy about reducing my load. Big smiles here. I don't have your stamina or comittment. Chat soon. Jo